The Twin Crowd: OUR BASIC FACE

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

OUR BASIC FACE

Photographed By: Debra Robusto
 
Amber and I have been discussing how we can add something to the blog, another element of personal style without venturing to far off from our mantra of quality on a budget. Well part of a complete head to toe look is makeup and how you use it to compliment your style. So we put together a step by step picture log of our basic everyday makeup routine using affordable, but quality products.
 
Pre-makeup application: Moisturize
 
As an esthetician I know how important it is to moisturize using a product with spf all year round, especially in these harsh winter months! Prior to applying foundation/powder you want to use a moisturizer according to your skin type. A product line that I love is Msteves Skincare, their products are made using all natural ingredients that really transform your skin!
 
Step 1: Foundation/Setting Powder
 
Some girls/women are lucky and have flawless complexions, but for the rest of us who deal with discoloration, acne, dry/oily skin a good foundation is crucial. During my last trip to Sephora I discovered Bare Minerals new liquid brightening foundation. I matched my color and went with the application brush as well. This foundation isn't heavy and has the coverage I need, I strongly recommend this product to our reader's!
 
Step 2: Highlight
 
This step isn't mandatory but I think its a quick and easy pick me up for the face, especially on days we don't get enough sleep or water! Highlighter can be applied on the bridge of the nose, cheek bones, and forehead. I love NYX : Born to glow liquid illuminator, it's affordable and gives you the perfect glow!
 
Step 3: Blush/Bronzer
 
During these winter months when or skin can get dull and transparent it's key to use a blush and bronzer combo to give our face a bit of color and life. I love Bobbi Brown products for this step. I don't love a lot of shimmer in my blush or bronzer so their line is great! It offers a pop of color without all that sparkle. I like to apply my blush on the apples of my cheeks continuing  upward following the cheekbone.
 
Step 4: Mascara
 
For step 4 I like to use a mascara with rubber bristle's, for my lashes this seems to work the best! Maybelline makes quite a few with rubber bristle's that I like!
 
Step 5: Lip Color
 
Lip color is last, I think it adds the perfect touch to your outfit of choice, whether you choose to go with a stain, gloss, or pigment. I personally love Nars lip crayons, they come in an array of colors and have the perfect creamy texture without being too glossy!
 
Shop products applied below:

No comments :

Post a Comment